Privacy notice for job applicants
AES collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).In case you are based in the EU or applying for a job position in the EU, see the Privacy Notice below for further details, or click here to access the Bulgarian version.
This Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (“Notice”) describes how The AES Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“AES”, “we” or “us”) use and process Personal Data in connection with the recruiting process at AES. This Notice applies to anyone who is applying to work for us, whether as an employee, contractor, consultant, or director] (together referred to as ‘Job Applicant’ or ‘you’). It is important that you read this Notice carefully, together with any other similar or additional information that we might give you from time to time about how we collect and use your Personal Data.
This Privacy Notice covers any Personal Data we may collect in connection with the recruiting process at AES. This may include:
- Information contained in your application form and/or CV, including - but not limited to - your name, title, contact details (telephone number, physical address, email address and user name), photograph, employment history, previous work experience, education, language and other skills;
- Date of birth, social security number, social insurance number, national ID number;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications;
- Awards and professional memberships;
- Pre-employment check information, including references and verification of qualifications; andSelection information, including correspondence, interview notes, internal notes, the results of any written or online selection tests;
- Right to work checks and related documents
We hold and use your Personal Data so that we can:
- Process your job application;
- Evaluate your job qualifications; training and experience;
- Verify information provided by you;
- Communicate with you regarding your inquiries, requests, applications, and/or send important notices;
- Check and demonstrate that you have the legal right to work in the country where the role is based, where applicable;
- Conduct criminal history, background, and employment checks, where applicable;
- Make informed recruitment decisions;
- Keep appropriate records of our recruitment process and decisions; and
- Comply with applicable law and contractual obligations.
We rely on one or more of the following legal grounds when we process your Personal Data:
- We need it to take steps at your request in order to enter into a contract with you, because by applying for a job with us you are effectively asking us to enter into a contract with you.
- We need it to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. the obligation not to discriminate during our recruitment process, or the obligation not to employ someone who does not have the legal right to work in the country where the position is based.
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to review and consider your Personal Data so that we can select the most appropriate candidate for the position.
During the recruiting process, AES may process limited types of special category of Personal Data, including medical and health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, disability, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and/or criminal convictions (together referred to as Sensitive Personal Data). Express consent may be required for the collection and use of certain Sensitive Personal Data. AES will obtain this consent as required by applicable law. Exceptions to express consent requirements may apply where the processing of Sensitive Personal Data is necessary for AES to carry out its employment law obligations and/or for other permitted reasons such as:
- Adjusting the recruitment process as a result of an underlying medical condition or disability;
- Assessing whether a Job Applicant is fit to do the job;
- Complying with health and safety requirements; and
- Monitoring of equal opportunities in the public interest.
Your Personal Data will be reviewed by AES human resources personnel, recruiters and hiring managers. AES will share your Personal Data with other AES employees or agents who have a business need to access such Personal Data and may include technical services personnel, managers or their designees. AES will share your Personal Data, where appropriate and relevant, with other companies within the AES group. This is done to enable them to input into the recruitment process and approve final recruitment decisions, when required by our internal policies. We consider this to be necessary for entry into a contract, and it is in our legitimate interest to obtain internal approval of our recruitment decisions and comply with the procedures applicable within our corporate group. AES may provide your Personal Data to other third parties. When doing so, AES will take steps to help ensure appropriate protections are in place before we share or disclose Personal Data with any third-party service provider. AES may provide your Personal Data to third parties:
- To provide services to support the recruitment process at AES as well as to facilitate post-offer processes and certain steps involved in initiating the employment relationship. These third parties are authorized to use your Personal Data about only as necessary to provide these services.
- As required by applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- To protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety, or the health and safety of others.
- To detect and investigate fraud or illegal activity, or to respond to a government request.
- To respond to an emergency.
- As required for a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of assets. In such a case, the successor company will acquire the same rights and obligations that AES has related to your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns about AES privacy practices and data protection polices, please email email@example.com.