Improving Lives in Asia

With our deep knowledge and distinctive operational skills – honed from more than three decades of leadership in the global energy sector – we are improving lives in India, the Philippines and Vietnam.

India: Our generation business in India consists of OPGC, located in the State of Odisha, as well as the OPGC 2 platform expansion project, which is currently under construction. We acquired 49 percent of OPGC in 1998, with the remaining 51 percent owned by the state. We are the only global power company with a continuous presence in India since 1992.

Philippines: As a result of capital investment and operational improvements, AES Philippines increased our Masinloc generation facility’s capacity, improving availability from 50 percent to 74 percent and increasing net production by 62 percent within two years. Masinloc received the Edison Electric Institute’s International Edison Award in 2011 for the operational improvements it made at the facility.

Vietnam: Our most recent power project is Mong Duong 2, the largest private sector power project in Vietnam and the country's first new private sector power plant commissioned in the last ten years. The construction of Mong Duong 2 amassed 18 million man-hours without a lost time incident, with almost 44 million man-hours worked, signifying our world-class safety and engineering and construction standards.